Parents and teachers asked us for a fun and easy option to celebrate birthdays at school without sweet treats, so we created the Healthy Lifestyles Birthday Book Club.
How It Works
Instead of bringing cupcakes – Donate a book (hardcovers preferred!) to the school library and we will inscribe this lasting gift in your child’s honor. On their special day, the book will be delivered to their classroom where your child will be presented with a gift bag including:
- The donated book inscribed with your child’s name
- A card signed by Principal Jacobs
- Bookmark and Matoaka pencil
- Birthday Announced on the Morning News
- Photograph of your child posted on the BBC bulletin board
- Privilege to be the first to check the book out
How to sign up:
Complete the Birthday Book Club Form and return it to Attn: Mrs McFarland, Media Center along with your donated book.
For more information contact Dana Hess or Mrs. Crispino (Matoaka media specialist). Thank you for supporting the Matoaka Library – and the health and wellness of all our students.