Matoaka mom Sharon
Have a recipe you would like to share?
Matoaka Recipes: Heart Shaped Fruit Kabobs
- Popsicle sticks or wooden skewers
- 1 small watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon or all three!
- 1 container large strawberries
- Small heart cookie cutter
- Optional: blueberries, white cheese
- Rinse & dry strawberries.
- Slice the strawberries in half vertically. Slice the watermelon or honeydew in half, and then in 1” thick layers.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut heart shapes from the strawberries and watermelon, and slide on the popsicle sticks or skewers.
- If you would like to include blueberries, slide one blueberry between each piece of fruit. If you would like to include cheese, cut up some cheese into small cubes and slide between each strawberry and watermelon piece on the skewer.
bananas, grapes, pineapple, or just about any of your favorite fruits would work!